Current Positions *
* Contact the employer regarding the position to verify it is still available! Click the position title below for more details.
Marketing & Engagement Associate - Allentown
The Marketing & Engagement Associate is a key member of the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley’s Marketing and Campaign Departments. The successful candidate will be technologically savvy, innovative and able to work as part of a team to raise funds and grow engagement in the Lehigh Valley Jewish community.
This part-time position covers two main areas of responsibility: In marketing, the position will focus mainly on digital, with responsibilities including video production and social media. The position will work closely with other members of the Marketing Department, including a graphic designer and writer/editor. In engagement, the position will focus mainly on cultivating young leaders, including planning programs and building relationships, with the hopes that they will be become future donors and engaged volunteers.
1. Digital Marketing
- Film and produce semi-professional videos using Adobe Premiere Pro or comparable software (do not need to be a professional filmmaker).
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Develop a plan for targeted digital advertising and work with the graphic designer to create eye-catching creative ads.
- Manage e-commerce through an iDonate platform.
- Assist with online fundraising, including through social media and other new platforms.
- Assist with maintaining websites using a proprietary system called FedWeb (similar to WordPress)
- Periodically design and send out e-mails to the community using Constant Contact.
- Assist in the Marketing Department as assigned.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for engagement, philanthropy and leadership for young adults.
- Meet one-on-one with new young community members looking to get involved.
- Create and run programs of interest to young singles and/or young families.
- Feed Young Adult Division members into other affinities including Women’s Philanthropy and the Maimonides Society for health care professionals.
- Assist with Super Sunday, an annual Federation event that draws 200 volunteers from across the community to participate in mitzvah projects and make calls to raise money for the campaign.
- Assist with other Federation events as needed.
- The Marketing & Engagement Associate will report directly to the Director of Community Development & Operations.
- This is a part-time position, approximately 25 hours a week.
- BA or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with video editing software strongly preferred.
- Must be able to tell a good story.
- Familiarity with website platforms, Constant Contact and social media business accounts strongly preferred.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively and efficiently, juggling multiple projects at once.
- Maintain attention to detail and the big picture.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish practices, customs, history, and community organization is preferred, but not required.
- Send resume and cover letter to Stephanie Smartschan, Director of Community Development & Operations, at email@example.com.
- Provide references upon request
Outside Sales Representative (Media Sales)
The Morning Call Media Group is seeking a media sales professional to sell our portfolio of advertising solutions.
Responsible for maintaining and increasing revenue among our existing and potential advertisers, which will contribute to meeting and exceeding individual and team revenue goals. Sales responsibility includes multi-media and niche products.
We provide our Outside Sales Representatives with paid training, a rewarding work environment, & a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- UNLIMITED paid time off & holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Professional development – ongoing strategic sales training, tools, & research support
- Company-provided laptop, iPad, mobile phone, & mileage allowances
- Grow and maintain revenue within assigned territory or account base.
Sell effectively with the use of market research into print, online and niche publications.
- Monitor competitive media and stay abreast of industry trends.
Uncover new/incremental revenue streams from competitive media.
Become actively involved in your territory’s community and it’s events.
Provide regular reports to management including sales recaps and customer feedback.
- Establish and develop relationships, marketing strategies through consultation with advertisers to help meet their objectives, and exceed advertising territory revenue goals.
- At least 2-4 years sales experience.
- Knowledge of the marketplace preferred.
- An understanding of the Internet, Internet advertising and its benefits.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strength in negotiation and problem solving.
- Previous media experience preferred.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office and the Windows Operating System.
- College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Morning Call Media Group has been serving the Lehigh Valley for over 125 years and is part of tronc, (formerly Tribune Publishing), one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania’s The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 94 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Submit A Job
Are you a member of the AAF GLV who would like to post a job opening at your company or organization? Please fill out the form below!
Your job will be posted within asap and will remain active on our website for one month, or until you notify us that you have filled the position, whichever comes first. If you would like to extend the posting after 30 days, just let us know.